Tuesday, May 23, 2006

2 Year Wedding Anniversary

Two years ago today Christian and I joined in the holy bonds of matrimony. So to celebrate we decided to have a romantic lunch at a japanese restaurant we love, Wagamama. At 12:30 we arrived to a very very crowded place, with a long queue of people out the door. Apparently, I didn't have a monopoly on the two for one voucher I found on handbag.com; everyone was holding one. So we left there and ended up sharing a chicken pad thai in the park. We sat at a table in the sun and ate together, and it was perfect. I had a client visit across town at 4pm, so I didn't get back till about 5:30. I ran in, dropped my notebook, and ran back down to meet Christian in our company kitchen. We walked back to Wagamama's (voucher in hand) and had our pick of tables. 5:30 is still quite early in London so restaurants don't start filling up till about an hour later. We sat at a table for two in the corner, beside the window, and received our tea and dinner. It was very delicious, very romantic, and you can't beat a wonderful anniversary meal for £9.25. It might be special but it's no excuse not to be sensible.
It is cold and rainy out, so Christian and I are now sitting at home in front of the fire together, whilst I write this on my laptop. We didn't exchange gifts (although Christian gave me two beautiful cards that are proudly displayed on my desk at work) but instead our gift to each other is our trip to Bruges later this week.

No comments: