Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Luxembourg Day 2

This morning I preferred a lie in rather than a continental breakfast at 19 euros, so I checked out of the hotel around 8am and walked down the street to our offices in the Avenue Royal. There are none of our company's employees based out of Luxembourg, so the office is small, with 6 workstations and a conference room. There was another gentleman from London sales there, so he told me where I could get some water and how to make an outside call.

I spoke briefly to Christian, and did some last minute stuff before leaving at 9:15 for my next appointment. Unfortunately, Christian and I planned on the wrong Dexia, so I showed up at the wrong office. Not a problem, the receptionist gave me a map so I could find my way to the world headquarters (this office did look a tad small to qualify)

Taxi? At that hour,are you kidding. There was none to be found, so me and my high heels walked all the way (about 15 minutes). The office is large and impressive, and my meetings took a few hours.
Still, I have not yet eaten. One of the managers took me to their internal canteen, but it was too close to lunch to justify eating those large sandwiches, so I declined. He offered to get me a cab, but rather stupidly I declined that too, so I walked back to our office. The sales rep wasn’t there,so I opened my suitcase and grabbed a light skirt, tank top and my tevas and changed in the conference room. That dress, while sleeveless, just didn'’t breathe.
I updated some stuff on the system, but by now it was 12:30 and really time to eat, so I set out. Found myself again in the square, this time at a cute brasserie named Café Francais. I ordered tomatoes farcias aux legumes et basilic (stuffed tomatoes) and a salad. I was seated outside, facing the band playing in the center of the square.
Because I have good wifi from this spot, I’m going to post this now, and the rest later.

No comments: