Sunday, April 09, 2006

Paul's Day


Following the birth of our new neice, Morgana last Wednesday, we have another addition to our family. Today we planned to take Heidi and Paul out for a proper British lunch, in celebration of Paul's birthday last Thursday. He told us he had a suprise to show us, and to bring the camera when we went to pick them up. We got there at noon, and went upstairs. I was told to close my eyes and was led into their bedroom, where I was placed sitting on the bed with a towel on my lap. Then, they put his birthday present on my lap. He got two baby rats, Elvis II and Bruce. They were just the cutest things. They are white and brownish grey; absolutely precious and very affectionate, as well as curious. They climbed all over and around me, and Bruce found himself down my shirt on more than one occasion, as you can see. It was very hard to pull away, but we then went and had a lovely lunch at the Bull Finch Pub in Westerham. Afterwards, we went to the petshop to get more food for the boys. Christian did give permission for me to get two of my own if I wanted, and I very much wanted, but sensibility ruled in this instance; I didn't want to adopt two animals without thinking it through.

No comments: