Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Kelly's Eye....number One!



Its back....again.... I have
Iritis. It should be called Irrititis, for all it does to my life. So I got the tell tale signs on Monday. Redness, sensitivity to light, soreness. It only gets worse till I get it sorted. So I made an appointment to see my doctor at Moorfields Eye Hospital this morning. Luckily, my doctor is wonderful & made sure I had meds in the fridge for when this happened again, so I was able to start my meds last night. I went into the hospital this morning in dark sunglasses with a very dilated right pupil. Had a hot cocoa as I waited, reading The Green Mile on my pocket pc which I keep putting off. Finally seen after 20 minutes (oh the wonder of private medicine). The doctor was not my usual one, but he was great. Very patient & helpful. Looked me over, told me I was doing the right thing, & charged me £150 for the privilege. Thats one expensive cup of hot cocoa. So I came back to the backlog of work waiting for me, gave Christian back his cell phone, as I left mine at home...again, & went straight to a fax machine to try to get that money back from Cigna.

Fun times.

No comments: